There are so many great activities coming up at Seton this year: holiday parties, “Seton’s Thanksgiving dinner,” “Santa’s Workshop,” “Relay Day,” and more. We would love for you to be a part of these special days with your child/children, but we need completed clearances and forms filed in our school office.
This year, all volunteers, who work with children, whether considered “regular” or “occasional”, will need to obtain clearances. The descriptions and the requirements of each type of volunteers are as follows:
Someone who volunteers for a couple events throughout the school year.
Someone who has interaction with children/youth on a regular basis.
- Read the Policy for the Protection for Children (effective July 1, 2018)
- Complete the Diocesan Statement of Intent for Compliance (dated July 1, 2008 or later)
- Complete the Diocesan Application for Adults Working with Children
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check (need every 5 years - free)
- Child Abuse History Certification (need every 5 years - free)
- Federal Criminal Record Check (if you have not been a Pennsylvania resident for the previous ten years - cost $21.35) - PDE Volunteer Service Code: 1KG6Y3
- Mandated Reporter Training (need every five years – free). Take course, print certificate and submit to school.
- Diocesan Mandated Reporter Compliance Document (need once a year)
- Diocesan Creating a Safe Environment In-Service (need every 5 years). Online program - Child Protection Website. Take course, print certificate and submit to school
- Letter of Confidentiality (pick this up from the school)
Considered a “regular volunteer.” If you would like to coach, you will need all of the above plus the online concussion class and the sudden cardiac arrest course every year.
- Concussion Online Class Certificate of Completion (need once a year). Certificates can be printed at the end of the course and must be kept on file at school.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Online Class Certificate of Completion (must take the class every year). Certificates can be printed at the end of the course and must be kept on file at school.
Thank you for ensuring our children’s safety. Your time and dedication are greatly appreciated.
Laura Blake, Principal