At Seton, we truly understand the concern for the safety of your children during the school day and even after hours.
We take the time to make sure each and every one of our faculty members is trained to handle any type of situation that could occur.
We pride ourselves in not having any negative events affect Seton, but want to let you know that we are prepared to take all necessary precautions and treat your children like our own. For that reason, we are happy to share some of the certifications our teachers and staff obtain to be better prepared.
- CPR certification helps ensure the best care of students in case of a medical emergency.
- Stop the Bleed Kit Training ensures the proper training in case of a massive bleeding. Similar to CPR training, this course teaches our staff proper bleeding control techniques using their hands, dressings and tourniquets - to make sure that they are prepared for any situation.
- The Mental Health Certification gives teachers and staff the skills to identify and help a student who needs extra support or is experiencing a mental health crisis. This certification helps to build mental health literacy, and better identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness.
- Each of our teachers have completed the ALICE Instructor Certification Training for K-12. The ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) program trains staff to know how to react and help keep students safe from all threats including human caused emergencies, such as violence or crime. Teachers and administrators are trained to be able to anticipate potential dangerous situations and take precautions to protect all students.
- To add to our staff having the above certifications, we want to ensure anyone interacting with the students has special training as well. We require all of our volunteers to have proper clearances, which are explained here.
Last but not least, we are proud to teach your children in the small community of Meadville.
While we are aware that no community is completely insulated from potential issues, the Seton community is a small and supportive one. With our trained staff and great community, we feel we are highly prepared to keep your children safe in any type of situation.